In order for the learning to grow, there needs to be collaboration. Relationships are at the very centre of everything that happens with every area knowing what is happening at any given time. Communication is key to ensure everyone is informed and included in decision-making.
Ako Panuku Resources
- Teachers reflection tools - a quick and easy tools, aligned to the teaching standards, to support you in reflecting on your teaching practice. Templates are available in English and Māori]
- Quality Practice Templates - Ako Panuku have developed these templates to show what the professional learning standard can look like for teachers (English medium settings), for leaders in schools or kura and in kura or Māori medium settings
- Leader Self-reflection - Professional relationships - A self-reflection template to help leaders think about their practice in relation to the Professional Learning Standard. In English and Māori. Also available in a writable pdf version.
- Māori in Leadership - "You can't do the whole job yourself. You need others to help you achieve the vision that you're aiming for" mentioned Shane Hiha (Tumuaki, Te Aute College) in the video below about creating professional relationships. Listen to more of his kōrero below.
Useful External Links
- The Three R's for Coaching and Learning Relationships (Educational Leaders) - Dr Jan Robertson discusses the 3 R's that build the foundations for professional relationships and coaching about leading.